Analyst or Associate – Opportunistic and Direct Lending
- New York
- Investment Banking
A renowned private credit group is currently looking to hire an analyst to join their New York office.
What the job involves
Private Credit Group’s underwriting guidelines, deal-specific cash flow, claims and recoveries and scenario modelling, and review of credit documents, as well as all available sources of information (e.g., offering materials, bond indentures or credit agreements, roadshows, published research, news, financial reporting, rating agency reports, and market color) to create clear, comprehensive, and authoritative credit memoranda)
Build accurate, stable, and flexible cash-flow analyses, restructuring analyses, liquidation analyses and sensitivity analyses to facilitate investment decision-making and risk evaluation.
Conduct due diligence on private credit opportunities, including industry and company research, management team meetings and detailed third party research.
Assist in the creation of internal memos/emails to communicate market or issuer/industry developments to internal constituents (PMs, senior management, Investment Committee)
Prepare timely and accurate periodic and ad-hoc exposure and performance reports for management.
Who we are looking for
- 2 – 5 years’ work experience, including investment banking and/or restructuring advisory, and a buy- or sell-side capital markets role investing in corporate credit (leveraged loans, high yield, special situations)
- Undergraduate (and/or MBA or JD) degree from a top-tier university
- Desire to join an organization in its early stage and playing a meaningful role in its growth
- Ability to understand and work on liquid and illiquid opportunities
- Understanding of accounting, finance, bankruptcy, credit agreements and bond indentures, and economics via basic coursework or experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Bloomberg, CapitalIQ