Analyst or Associate- Specialty Finance (DAL-FTW)
- Dallas / Fort Worth
- Investment Banking
A renowned private credit group is currently looking to hire an analyst to join their Dallas or Fort Worth office.
What the job involves
Private Credit Firm is seeking an Analyst/Associate (based on experience level), to be based in it’s Dallas/Fort Worth office. The successful candidate will have extensive advisory or investment experience in the specialty finance industry which includes the following categories:
- Traditional Consumer Finance: Auto Finance, Mortgage, Mortgage Servicing Rights
- Marketplace Lending: Consumer Loans, Non-performing Loans, Student Loans, Consumer Purchasing Financing
- Commercial Lending: Equipment Leasing, Construction Equipment Leasing, Rail-car and Tractor Financing, Small Business Loan Programs
- Esoteric Financing: Timeshare financing, Real Mineral Financing, Consumer Subscription Platform.
- Assist senior investment professionals in assessing new investment opportunities
- Help analyze risk in acquiring pools of financial assets, streamlining origination operations/platforms
- Assist in creating SPVs for financial leverage, structuring incentive waterfall scenarios
- Monitor specialty finance industry developments and conduct in-depth industry / sector research
Who we are looking for
- Excellent financial modeling skills, research, and business due diligence skills
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of 2+ years of relevant experience in transaction advisory, management consulting, corporate finance, etc. (Big Four experience is highly preferred)
- Good understanding of accounting principles (especially accounting for banks and financial institutions) and the ability to model both cash flow and accounting implications
- Strong valuation experience including familiarity with various valuation methodologies in specialty finance assets!