Senior Associate, Investment Underwriting, Dallas
- Asset Management
The firm is looking for a Senior Associate to join the investment underwriting team responsible for
What the job involves
- Private investing position focused on originated private credit transactions with leading private credit investment firm.
- Associate will serve as a key member of a software deal team in the underwriting and approval process for transactions, including initial screening of deals, structuring, proposal issuance, detailed due diligence, modeling, formal credit approval, negotiation of documentation and closing.
- Associate will typically be working on 3-4 live deals at once, so will balance multiple responsibilities.
- Typical deal team is three people (MD, VP, associate). Sr. Associate is expected to develop his/her own opinion and contribute meaningfully to the final investment decision.
- Associates are expected to contribute meaningfully to all aspects of the investment process and will gain an immense amount of deal experience (closing 6-10 transactions per year), as well as work with existing investments and portfolio companies.
- In addition to outstanding investment performance, the firm prides itself on its collegial culture so personality fit is important.
Who we are looking for
- Passionate about investing. Enjoy the challenge and opportunity of working with middle market companies.
- 3-5 years of experience in investment banking, private investing, leveraged finance, consulting, or restructuring.
- Three-statement financial modeling ability with LBO and/or leveraged finance modeling experience.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills.
- Experience working on transactions and with companies in a range of industries is preferred, though not required.
- This position is located at the firm’s main office in Austin TX.