Vice President – Secondaries Investment Underwriting, Dallas
- Asset Management
The firm is looking to hire a Vice President Senior Associate to enable investment decision making
What the job involves
- Help develop, refine, and perform financial analyses to enable and support investment decision making specific to evaluating alternative investment assets. Analyses include discounted cash flow, pricing analysis, comparables to other alternative assets in the same sector and vintage years, and statistical models and projections
- Help train other Underwriting team colleagues to evaluate alternative assets
- Conduct primary and secondary research on potential investments, industries, and asset classes
- Prepare investment memos for the Credit Management Committee regarding potential new investments
- Provide quantitative and analytical support to monitor existing alternative asset investments
- Provide overall support to the investment underwriting team by leading select strategic projects with topics including improving valuation technique, enhancing sector knowledge, and targeting new product lines/business opportunities
Who we are looking for
- Ability to build and execute complex financial and operating models, demonstrated through deep financial modeling experience including financial analysis, forecasting and valuation
- Knowledge of capital structure and different types of securities and the methodologies to appropriately value and make investment decisions based on these different characteristics
- Ability to review junior peers’ analysis and provide constructive feedback on valuation, analysis and structuring skills to build team knowledge base.
- Ability to review and analyze accounting, financial, investment, and regulatory statements of companies, closed-end, and open-end funds of private securities
- Strong qualitative skills such as possessing a firm analytical framework for evaluating a given industry and the competitive strategy of a company
- Ability to make investment recommendations even with limited or less than complete data and other information
- Experience using and incorporating 3rd party data services (such as Bloomberg, S&P Capital IQ, and others) into modeling and analysis tools
- Must have the endurance, grit, and discipline to produce quality deliverables
- Bachelor’s Degree required. CFA or working towards CFA is a positive. CPA or MBA not required but also a positive.
- 10 to 15 years of industry experience, in fields such as investment banking, leveraged finance, private equity, venture capital, and/or other investment managers, large investors (pension funds, large family offices, large-registered investment advisors), top tier consulting firms, and/or transaction advisory/accounting.
- Experience in secondary investing is a strong positive