VP / Director Healthcare, Private Credit, Austin
- Private Equity
A Private Equity firm is looking for an VP / Director to make a significant contribution to its new growth platform.
What the job involves
The candidate will work in small deal teams (usually 3 to 4, comprised of a senior team member and an associate) on all aspects of credit investing
This provides an attractive opportunity for high caliber individuals to assume significant levels of responsibility, to interact directly with senior team members as well as private equity investors, company management, co-investors, sell-side banks, lawyers, accountants and other business professionals, and to be part of a new growth platform
Play a leadership role in managing all aspects of transaction execution with minimal supervision, including but not limited to driving business due diligence, industry research, preparation of investment memoranda and other written materials as well as leading investment committee presentations, actively driving legal documentation process with external counsel and interacting with financial sponsors and management teams.
Candidates successful in the role will be responsible for coordinating and driving the activities of all team members, the investee company, and external advisors.
Maintain active oversight on management of portfolio companies as well as stay abreast of portfolio company performance and related industry trends with the support of an associate.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelors or Masters Degree demonstrating superior academic performance
- 8 to 15 years of total experience
- 6 years of relevant work experience in middle-market private credit investing or leveraged finance
- Ideal profiles will have experience underwriting healthcare services deals
- Well versed with legal documents and meaningful prior experience of leading and driving legal document negotiations