Private Equity – Credit Associate, Houston
- Private Equity
- Immediate hire
Private investing position focused on originated private credit transactions with leading private credit
What the job involves
- Private investing position focused on originated private credit transactions with leading private credit investment firm.
- Investments are made across a wide range of industries including: business services, general industrial, healthcare, government services, tech-enabled services, software, media, technology, energy, consumer products, and specialty finance.
- Associate will serve as a key member of a deal team in the underwriting and approval process for transactions, including initial screening of deals, structuring, proposal issuance, detailed due diligence, modeling, formal credit approval, negotiation of documentation and closing.
- Associate will typically be working on 3-4 live deals at once, so will balance multiple responsibilities.
- Typical deal team is three people (MD, VP, associate). Associate is expected to develop his/her own opinion and contribute meaningfully to the final investment decision.
- Associates are expected to contribute meaningfully to all aspects of the investment process and will gain an immense amount of deal experience (closing 6-10 transactions per year), as well as work with existing investments and portfolio companies.
- In addition to outstanding investment performance, the firm prides itself on its collegial culture so personality fit is important.
Who we are looking for
- Passionate about investing. Enjoy the challenge and opportunity of working with middle market companies.
- 2 – 4 years of experience in investment banking, private investing, accounting, consulting, or restructuring.
- Three-statement financial modeling ability with LBO and/or leveraged finance modeling experience.
- Strong verbal and written presentation skills.
- Experience working on transactions and with companies in a range of industries is preferred, though not required.
- This position is located at the firm’s main office in Houston TX.